Palm and Iusacell Launch Treo 700p in Mexico
Palm and Iusacell today announced availability of the Palm Treo 700p smartphone on the Iusacell network in Mexico. The Treo 700p offers hardware and software innovations centered around usability, connectivity, multimedia and compatibility, designed to take advantage of the fast data speeds of the Iusacell network.
The Palm Treo 700p smartphone combines a compact, full-featured mobile phone with email, an organizer, messaging and web access. It also offers the following features to help businesses and mobile professionals increase productivity:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 ActiveSync support offers synchronization of contacts, email and calendar;
- Threaded SMS messages in a single chat view;
- 128MB of memory (60MB of dedicated user storage) to manage business and personal information;
- Intel XScale technology-based processor;
- A 1.3-megapixel camera with video-capture support, offering four times the resolution of a VGA camera;
- Exceptional phone functionality, including personalized ring tones for various categories of callers and the ability to respond to a call with a text message;
- VoiceMemo application, which can be used to create custom recorded ring tones, add voice annotations to photos or simply record a memo;
- Smarter, faster web browsing using the latest version of the award-winning Blazer browser;
- PDF support using DataViz Documents To Go Version 8.0, which also offers native support for Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Dial-up networking, by using the Treo 700p as a wireless modem via USB or Bluetooth wireless technology to take advantage of Iusacell's network on a laptop computer. This out-of-the-box functionality offers an alternative to Wi-Fi, enabling users to access a high-speed connection in coffee shops, airports or hotels; and
- The fast, friendly and familiar Palm OS platform, Version 5.4.9.