Treo 700wx Launched in Brasil
Palm and Vivo have launched the Palm Treo 700wx smartphone, the first Treo smartphone in Brazil that runs Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition. Now available on Vivo's 3G network, the Treo 700wx combines a great mobile phone, comprising the functionality and ease of use for which Treo smartphones are known, with the power and security of Windows Mobile favored by many businesses.
"Palm's objective is to offer customers more options. Now they can choose the operating system that best meets their needs and preferences -- the Palm OS with the Treo 650, or Windows Mobile with the Treo 700wx," says Alexandre Szapiro, country manager for Palm Brazil and South Cone. "Palm's hallmark ease of use on the Windows Mobile platform combined with Vivo's quality data and voice network transforms mobility into a true competitive edge for companies and helps extend Palm's reach in the corporate world."
The Treo 700wx builds on the award-winning design of the Treo 650 smartphone and takes advantage of Windows Mobile 5.0, offering the ability to view and edit Microsoft Word Mobile and Excel Mobile files, and view PowerPoint Mobile and PDF files. In addition, users can get ready access to the Internet and multimedia content using Internet Explorer Mobile and Windows Media Player Mobile, as well as direct access to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 for mobile access to email.
Treo 700wx Features:
- 312 MHz Intel XScale processor
- 240x240 pixel TFT screen
- 128MB of memory and 60MB of dedicated user storage
- 1.3-megapixel digital camera for images and videos
- Integrated Bluetooth 1.2 wireless technology
- Expansion card slot (SD, SDIO, and MultiMediaCard compatible)
- Size/weight: 4.4" x 2.3" x 0.9" (111 mm x 58 mm x 22.5 mm) / 6.4 ounces (180 g)
- Removable 1800 mAh battery and non-volatile memory
- Voice Command for voice dialing
- Ability to send and receive email from multiple corporate and personal email accounts, with built-in support for Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile, Hotmail, Yahoo!, AOL, and other POP3 and IMAP accounts
- On-device access to Microsoft Office Word Mobile, Office Excel Mobile and Office PowerPoint Mobile for viewing, editing and creating Word and Excel Mobile documents, as well as viewing PowerPoint Mobile presentations. In addition, with Picsel PDF viewer
- Unified messaging application, including email, SMS and MMS
"This launch demonstrates Vivo's commitment to taking the best services and products to its clients. With Vivo Smart Mail on the Treo 700wx and the high speeds of our 3G network, we are certain our clients will have an excellent mobility and productivity tool," says Roger Sole, premium-offer director at Vivo.