Access Linux Platform Release Date Slips
ACCESS has revealed in a recent statement that the initial release of the Access Linux Platform has been delayed. PalmSource previously stated that the ALP software developer kit would be available by the end of 2006, ACCESS is now targeting a release for "sometime in the first half of 2007."
When ALP was first announced in February PalmSource VP Albert Chu stated that they expected to make the ALP software developer kit available by the end of 2006. This SDK will be for top licensees and software developers to being work on ALP products. A product developer kit or PDK will be following shortly after for all licensees.
In it's FAQ document on the recent Palm OS licensing deal, Access stated a revised timeframe for the release of the Access Linux Platform.
Q. What will ACCESS name future versions of the operating system?
A. We are currently using the code name ACCESS Linux Platform for our next generation operating system. We will announce the official name of the ACCESS Linux Platform when we announce that it is available to our licensees and developers—expected sometime in the first half of 2007.
The last update on the progress of ALP development was given to David Beers during LinuxWorld SF conference in August. At the time PalmSource said it was on schedule to meet its end of year deadline for delivery to licensees.
ALP was also recently on display at the ITU Telecom World show in Hong Kong last week.
Article Comments(46 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife