Rumor: Upcoming Palm Tungsten X and Zire 22 Details
A reliable source has provided PalmInfocenter with some new details on Palm's upcoming fall handheld releases. Info on a Tungsten X and Zire 22 has shown up in the internal inventory system of a large electronics retail company. Read on for more details.
The source claims that the company tried to place a large order for Tungsten T5 handhelds directly from Palm. The source was told that the Tungsten T5 has been EOL'd (end of life) and that a replacement would be in stores on October 11th.
The Tungsten X (which could likely be a code name) will run Palm OS Garnet v5.4.9. It will have a 312MHz XScale processor, a 320x480 pixel display, 128MB of non-volitile memory, 802.11b WiFi, Bluetooth 1.2 and an SDIO expansion slot. It is also supposed to have voice recording and a digital camera, though the source could not confirm it. It will have a $299 USD MSRP.
Possible images of this handheld first surfaced back in June.
The inventory system also shows a new listing for a Palm Zire 22 handheld. The Zire 22 will have a 160x160 pixel color screen, 32MB of RAM and no SD slot. It will retail for $99.
Article Comments(176 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain