SanDisk Announces 32 and 16 GB SDHC Cards
SanDisk announced today that is has increased both capacities and speeds in its SanDisk Ultra II line with the introduction of 32 and 16-gigabyte GB SDHC cards and an 8GB SDHC Plus card. Aimed primarily at high end camera users, the cards can record both video and still images, and offer faster read and write speeds of 15 megabytes per second (15MB/sec), up from previous speeds of 10MB/sec read and 9MB/sec write in the SanDisk Ultra II line.
Beyond speed and capacity, the 8GB SanDisk Ultra II SDHC Plus offers both SD and USB functionality in one card. Designed with SanDisk’s patented Hinge Lock technology, the card may be inserted into a USB port on any computer. This two-in-one SD-plus-USB feature eliminates the need to carry cables or card readers to transfer photos and videos from cameras. Despite its small size, the hinge is sturdy – having survived more than 10,000 open-close cycles in SanDisk’s durability testing.
The 32GB SanDisk Ultra II SDHC card with MicroMate USB 2.0 Reader has a MSRP of $349.99 USD. The 16GB card with reader has a suggested price of $179.99, and the 8GB SanDisk Ultra II SDHC Plus card has an MSRP of $99.99. The 16GB and 8GB cards are expected to be available worldwide in March, with the 32GB slated for shipping in April. You can search for the latest SanDisk Ultra cards and prices here.
Article Comments(26 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain