More Palm Vc/m505 Details Emerge
More details about the Palm m505 have come to the surface thanks to ZDnet. This new Palm is expected to run a Dragonball VZ chip at 33 MHz and sport 8 MB of RAM. Also new will be the "postage-stamp-sized" SD (Secure Digital) expansion slot.
There will be two versions of this device, monochrome and 16-bit color. The monochrome version won't weigh more than 3.25 ounces, about an ounce less than the current Palm V series. The color version will weigh between 3.9 and 4.3 ounces and use flexible lithium-polymer batteries. It is 1 mm thicker than the current Palm V.
The prices that ZDnet are quoting are slightly confusing. They cite a French source who says that prices will range between $500 for the monochrome version and $635 for the color version in France. What they will cost in the U.S. may be different.
Both versions of this device are expected to be released at Germany's CeBIT trade show in March.
PalmStation.com is citing the same anonymous person who originally leaked the m505 picture earlier this week to concur with ZDnet. They go on to say that the monochrome device will be called the m500 and both versions with have 4 MB of ROM.
Update: According the original ZDnet France article, these models will also come with the Mobile Internet Kit.
Article Comments(121 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith