Legacy WebOS Devices Missing Out On Angry Birds Updates
Angry Birds continues to be an unstoppable force in the mobile gaming world, with major updates to both Angry Birds Seasons and Rio in the month of June for iOS and Android devices. Unfortunately, WebOS users have been left out in the cold for the last two major updates for the title. WebOSRoundup recently contacted Angry Birds developer Rovio regarding the absent updates and Rovio has responded that the "Palm devices" have "severe firmware issues which prevent latest versions of Angry Birds running properly. Unfortunately Palm has decided not to support them with firmware updates anymore."
Sami from Rovio then goes on to explain that the Pre and Pre Plus may be compatible with future updates to the title but nothing is guaranteed. Unfortunately, the statement from Rovio also claims that the Pixi line will not see any updates going forward. It is unknown whether the shared 320x400 resolution between the Pixi, Pixi Plus and new Veer 4G will also prevent the newest WebOS device from gaining any traction in the WebOS gaming world.
However, Rovio did confirm through Twitter and email that the new generation of WebOS devices will be able to run the latest versions of their various titles. A June 13th Tweet from Rovio indicated that they have had to do more work than expected to support the new WebOS devices but the updated version of Angry Birds Seasons (with the Carnival levels) has been submitted to HP for App Store approval.
Article Comments(2 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife