HP Veer 4G Announced for AT&T
HP today has made the webOS 2.1 powered Veer 4G official. It will hit AT&T retail and virtual store shelves on May 15th for $99 with the usual 2-year contract. Final specs are identical to what was mentioned in February during the initial unveiling. No mention has yet been made as to the device's full retail price or if an unlocked version will be available in additional markets, though this will presumably be the case.
Somewhat surprisingly, the Veer will be an AT&T-exclusive device in the USA, something not seen in this country since the days of the Treo 680 in 2006 and Treo 750 in 2007. The device will also be offered in both black and white color schemes, as we discussed on Monday.
The HP Veer comes equipped with a 2.6-inch multitouch display screen with a 18-bit color, 320x400 resolution. It is powered by a 800Mhz processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7230) and includes 8GB internal storage(~6.1GB user available). Also on board is a slide out qwerty keyboard, a 5MP camera, WiFI, aGPS, Bluetooth 2.1 and a 910 mAh battery; with up to 5.0 hours of talk time or up to 300 hours of standby time. Size wise Palm compares it to about the size of a credit card, measuring in at 2.15" x 3.31" x 0.59" inches (54.5 x 84.0 x 15.1mm) weighing 3.63 ounces or 103 grams.
As mentioned in today's HP/Palm blog post, the Veer will support optional AT&T billing, making it possible for users to easily purchase apps by charging them to their monthly bill.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife