Upcoming Palm Device Code Names Revealed
An intrepid webOS hacker by the name of Destinal was rummaging around in the ROM of a SFR-sourced Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0 and dug up some interesting new Palm device code names which were posted to Webosinternals.org. Of course, these devices may or may not even see the light of day.
"RoadRunner" is widely known to be the current Pre 2, with "broadway" previously rumored to be a Pixi successor. The Pixi Plus, at least as far as Verizon Wireless is concerned, is slated to be EOL'd in March of 2011 so that would make sense. The other three code names have not been previously mentioned and are "windsor", "mantaray" and "stingray".
Just to speculate a bit, "windsor" could be the previously-discussed "Mansion" device which is supposedly a large-touchscreen, 800x480 candybar device with no physical keyboard. The two "ray" devices could quite possibly be WebOS tablets, perhaps bearing different screen sizes.
Thanks to BaalthazaaR for the tip.
Article Comments(11 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf