Comments on: Does the Mexican Palm Pre Have a microSD Slot?
Back when Palm were discussing the then-unreleased Pre on Facebook, product manager Matt Crowley gave this reason for the lack of removable SD storage:
‘Design' was the highest goal... The decision to include or not include expandable storage is an easy one when design is the highest priority. The physical size of the device would have been compromised if we added another physical component to Pre. Just a millimeter can seriously impact the curvature of the design in a way that minimizes the design intent.
Now, though, Engadget has posted a video from Mexico of the Pre in the hands of an (apparently) authoritive gadget blogger, who claims that the Mexican Pre will have a microSD slot. Staring intently at the video with my electron microscope, I think it's hogwash. What do you think? A screenshot is posted after the break, as the video now appears to have been taken down from YouTube by the original uploader.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf
- RE: Don't we have this already? -LiveFaith